Phoenix Engine Co. #4
Phoenix Engine Company, No. 4 was organized on August 8, 1859 and is one of the three oldest fire companies in the city. Even before the formation of the new company, the village had purchased a lot on the south side of John Street and a single bay, two story fire house was constructed.
James N. Pronk, Village President, named the new engine company "Phoenix" after the mythological bird which arose from the ashes. Mr. Pronk also purchased the figure of a Phoenix which was placed on the cupola of the John Street Fire House.
The company adopted the motto: "Always to the Front." The Phoenix remained in the John Street location until 1983 when the new North Street Station was opened.
Captain - Maurice Lewis
2nd Lieutenant - Mark Lybolt
President - Jay Fox
Vice-President - Heidi Silvernail
Secretary - Bill Kelder
Treasurer - George Reeder
2009 KME Predator
1500 GPM Pump