News
Welcome
News Events
Department Information
MFD Fire Companies
Photos, Videos, Artwork and more
Fire Prevention and Safety
Apply to Volunteer Here
Links of Interest
Contact Info
Calendar 2018
facebook
DEPT. RUN STATS
All Types Fires
249
M.V.A.
0
Public Service
0
False Alarms
0
Auto Alarms
0
TOTAL (ytd)
249


Visitor No: 290834
  Welcome Phoenix Engine Company No. 4
Phoenix Engine Company, No. 4 was organized on August 8, 1859 and is one of the three oldest fire companies in the city. Even before the formation of the new company, the village had purchased a lot on the south side of John Street and a single bay, two story fire house was constructed.

James N. Pronk, Village President, named the new engine company "Phoenix" after the mythological bird which arose from the ashes. Mr. Pronk also purchased the figure of a Phoenix which was placed on the cupola of the John Street Fire House.

The company adopted the motto: "Always to the Front." The Phoenix remained in the John Street location until 1983 when the new North Street Station was opened.