News
Welcome
News Events
Department Information
MFD Fire Companies
Photos, Videos, Artwork and more
Fire Prevention and Safety
Apply to Volunteer Here
Links of Interest
Contact Info
Calendar 2018
facebook
DEPT. RUN STATS
All Types Fires
33
M.V.A.
7
Public Service
6
False Alarms
0
Auto Alarms
15
TOTAL (ytd)
61


Visitor No: 270766
  Welcome McQuiod Engine & Ladder Company, No. 3
There was a group of young Middletown men of the Catholic faith who called themselves the Modaks and in 1873 they decided to form themselves into a fire company. They ran into much opposition as it was felt that the village didn't need another fire company. A prominent local businessman took up their cause and succeeded in convincing the trustees of the village to accept them.

On May 28, 1873 the new company was chartered and in gratitude named itself the William M. McQuoid Fire Engine Company, No. 3 after their benefactor.

Mr. McQuoid was a charter member of the Eagles, happened to be a Protestant and never became a member of his namesake company.

The McQuoids moved into a new fire station then being built on East Main and Montgomery Streets. This is the location of the Central Fire Station today and remains the home of the McQuoids. The name of the company was changed to McQuoid Engine and Ladder Company No. 3 shortly after the 1936 Seagrave Quad was acquired.